In this pic you can see this orange one (on the right) I made using cardstock, a Spellbinder die
& some stamens for the middle. I think the secret to making it look like a purchased one, was
to use lots of layers, curling the edges & then the stamens add a touch of realism.
In this cluster I have actually made three different flowers.
# 1...Firstly the orange one on the left, is again another Spellbinder die & again I curled
all the petals but on this one I added touches of glue to the stamens as well as the middle,
& then I sprinkled gold micro beads which naturally stuck to the glue. I was really
happy how this one turned out.
#2...The second flower I made in this cluster is the pink one which I made by cutting out
some petals in pink paper & some in pink netting. Next I alternated paper, then netting,
then paper & so forth. I thought the netting just added a little something extra.
Again I finished off with a few stamens in the middle.
#3...The third flower in this cluster (bottom pink one) was simply made from
a length of pink netting twisted, & simply stuck down in a circular fashion,
on to a circle or cardstock.
Just make sure that the card is not visible. Too easy.
The last handmade flower on my layout is this Rose in the bottom corner.
Again I used a Spellbinder die, cut it out of some orange cardstock, inked the edges
in a different shade of orange, glued it together & then rolled all the edges to make
it look like a real rose. To finish it off, I wiped a little bit of Stickles randomly over
the edges lightly for a bit of added sparkle. All finished.
All of the chipboard on my layout, including this custom made name,
is from 2 Crafty Chipboard.
I would like to thank
for inviting me to be their guest & I hope you have enjoyed
my layout too. Thanks again.