Thursday, June 23, 2016

My Maja Design June DT Reveal
Part Two
"Henry Boy"



 Hello there thanks for stopping by the blog. Today I have a layout to share with you & it 
features my baby grandson, Henry. Now it is a a plain & simple layout & not what I normally
 do. I don't do that many boy layouts so when I saw these gorgeous papers from Maja Designs 
"Life By the Sea" collection, I thought how perfect
 they were for a baby boy layout.



For my background I have used  "The Westcoast" paper. Love these gorgeous
 nautical stripes & I have trimmed it with some of the ""Landmark" paper..

The little kite I have made at the side of the photo was out of some of the scraps 
I had left over of both the "Landmark" & some "Sailing" papers.


 Next up I decided to make a little pinwheel. I used the "Drop the Anchor"
 paper for this. I like the way you can see both side of the paper on this.
I also used up some of the decorator strips which are on the bottom of every 
Maja paper, & ran them vertically down my page to add a graphic element to the design.


 Next up I decided to make a little circular pleated embellishment using the "Landmark"
 paper too. I just love the way this collection mixes & matches so perfectly.


 Some string for texture, some ink splatters,  a little stamping,  a few layers &
 some 2Crafty chipboard including my custom made title, kite & chain border.



Hey presto, all done. 
 I know we all like to do pretty creations using pretty papers & lots of flowers, but 
occassionally we have to do some boy things & what better range to do it with, 
than this "Life By The Sea" collection.
These are the four Maja Design papers I have used....



Well thats all for today.
Until next time.



5 comments:

  1. Wow!! I adore this 'boy' page Di!! Such cute photos of your grandie and I love the papers!! How brilliant too using the decorator strips .. perfect!! Love the little kites, the pinwheel and the all your embellies .. absolutely gorgeous!! Fantabulous page!! Hope you are keeping safe and dry in this horrible weather we're having at the moment. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you work your magic with a wee boy's page Di. I love Maja papers and I love what you've done with them. The navy with pops of red look wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Di, what a super sweet page, love the photos and those gorgeous colours you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Di, I love the buttons too.. great papers!

    ReplyDelete