Monday, December 16, 2013

My Once Upon A Sketch Challenge
PLUS
My 2 Crafty DT Reveal Part Three
"Christmas Eve"


Hello & welcome back.
Today I have part three of  my DT reveal for 2 Crafty Chipboard.
I have also based this layout on the current challenge over at
Once Upon A Sketch.
This is their sketch & the journalling criteria this month is
"My favourite month". Well thats an easy one as I just adore
Christmas so December is definitely my most favourite month.
I have journalled a story on the back of my layout about how much
 I love Christmas & the reasons it is so special to me. It is not just Christmas
day but the entire month of December with all the preparations, from putting
 up the tree & decorating the house to buying presents, catching up with friends,
going to Christmas parties, remembering loved ones that are no longer with us,
 the list just goes on & on. It truly is a wonderful
time of year & so definitely my favourite month.

For this one I have gone with silver, white & aqua. Love this 
colour palette. I started off with a mixed media background
including some glitter, which unfortunately just doesn't show
up in these photos. Such a shame.


The first chippie piece I used was one of the many Christmas titles that 2 Crafty have 
available. I thought this "Christmas Eve" title was just perfect for my photo.
I have also added a few "Holly Leaves" from a multi pack.


In this pic you can see I have used another of their new release pieces, the "Holly Flourish".
How beautiful is this piece. So wonderfully fine & pretty. Love these.

I have also included lots of beautiful Green Tara silk flowers, some of their gorgeous
Crystal Sprays, just perfect for this layout, as well a one of their little silver
flower sprays too.


Here you can see I have used a pair of "Blitzen" reindeer. I adore the flourishy
style of their antlers. A perfect match for the Holly Flourish, don't you think ?


Well that wraps up yet another Christmas layout I can tick off my list.
I hope I have inspired you in some small way to check out some of
the fabulous 2 Crafty Christmas chipboard for your next layout.
 They have so many great pieces.

Until next time.

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. loving your christmas page, all the touches of glitter make it so special Love it
    Have yourself a very merry christmas with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is Simply Gorgeous Di....your details are so amazing....Love this...and I love the 2Crafty reindeers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love the colors, just elegant :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is not to love about this layout. I love those colours for Christmas and was going to use them if we were at home :D Maybe next year. I think you are one of my favourite scrappers Di and I always get inspiration from your layouts. The pops of silver on this are just beautiful I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month. Please load your layout onto our OUAS FB page... Thanks Di.. Merry Christmas xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous and magical! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous page, Di - filled with sweet Christmas memories. Your Christmas trees in the photo are stunning!! Thanks for sharing about your journaling and Love your silver and blue colors and delicate mixed media work!! Thanks for joining us for the December Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your LO on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di, congratulations on your gorgeous LO being featured on the Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Di!! how perfectly Christmassy your page is! from the glorious chippies, beeeautiful colour combo and gorgeous background work! Thank you SO much for sharing this beauty with us at OUAS! Wish you lots of love, joy and happiness. Merry Christmas Di!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one stunning layout & WOW I must get those reindeers next time - they are too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Di I've just seen this simply divine layout! adorable in so many ways LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an elegant, sparkling Xmas ! Totally gorgeous! Thank you for playing at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete