Monday, August 10, 2015

"Live It Up"
August Off The Rails Challenge

Hi there peeps, thanks for stopping by.
Today I have a boy layout to share with you that was inspired by the
current challenge over at "Off The Rails" challenge blog.
These pics were given to me by a friend & this is her Grandson.
He looks like such a typical boy & so full of life.
Just perfect for this layout.
"Off The Rails" August Sketch & Moodboard
I have used the blue & the blue grey. (both from the left side of the colour swatch)
& the flowers I have added have a yellowish / green in the centres !!!
 
I have taken my inspiration from a number of things.
#1. The wood background in the first pic.
#2. The quote.
#3. The urban grunge feel to the pic with the van.
#4. The black & white photo of the boy having fun.
 
Such a Great inspirational moodboard.

As always I have used some great 2Crafty Chipboard pieces
including this title, arrows & the cogs.
"Live It Up" title

12" Nested Cogs Set

Assorted Arrows Set


I really do love these 2Crafty chipboard cogs I have used. 
They come on al 12" nested sheet & you get heaps of them.
I have given them a faux metal finish.


 This title, "Live it Up" & the arrows are also both from 2Crafty chipboard too.
I thought they were perfect for this layout.


I have to say I am really enjoying doing boy layouts recently.
I thought I had lost the recipe but luckily I have found it again !!!
Well that just about wraps up another layout.
Hope you like it.
 
Until next time.
 

22 comments:

  1. Wow Di. What an honor to have you join us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking. I'm always so inspired by your layouts. You do layering so well and each page has so many details. Thank you for your continued inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Louise for such wonderful kind sentiments. When I saw your moodboard I just had to join in. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous.....I almost thought it was digi 'til you mentioned the chippy! That's how perfect I think it is.... love that red flair tucked in, and the title really is perfect:) Gorgeous take on our OTR challenge....so happy you joined in this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaw thanks so much Lizzy, you are too kind. I am so flattered you like my layout cause I know you do boy layouts like a real master. I feel quite flattered. So lovely to have you visit my blog. Love this moodboard sketch board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the layers and the embellishments rock! Thanks for joining us at OTR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it & my pleasure to join in. :)

      Delete
  5. Di,
    What an adorable "boy" layout! I love the shades of blue - my favor color and your tags and arrows are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy for all your continued support and always calling by my blog & leaving such lovely comments. You are such a thoughtful caring lady. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Fabulous take on the challenge Di!! There is so much happening on this layout and yet it isn't overloaded .. awesome boy page!! Love this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Margy for all your kind words you have left for me today. I do always appreciate your kindness. Sending you big hugs sweet lady. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Great design Di and super cute pics. So glad you could join us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wendy and for visiting my little blog. I do appreciate your kind sentiments. :)

      Delete
  8. Stunning as usual Di! I love the pops of red and the bright, vibrant pics. Thanks for joining in at Off The Rails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather, loved this moodboard. :)

      Delete
  9. Such a fabulous page Di! I never expect anything but the best from you! Awesome take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Anguree & I am so happy you like my layout too. :)

      Delete
  11. Wow Di Just love your layout. Lovin all the colours. Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Candy & I'm so glad you liked my layout too. Thanks OTR for the great inspiration. :)

      Delete
  12. fabulous page.. awesome take on the OTRS sketch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Bev & I am so glad you liked my take on the OTR sketch. Thanks.

      Delete
  13. Wowsers....you are just nailing the boy pages....so fabulous! I am definitely going to come back and take a few seeds of inspiration! xxxx

    ReplyDelete