Friday, February 12, 2016

My 2Crafty February DT Reveal
PLUS
Playing Along at Words & Paintery
"Caught in the Act"


 Hi there peeps, thanks for stopping by. Today I have a rare boy layout to share,
because it has been a while since I have done one I know !!! I have based it on
the current challenge over at "Words & Paintery" 


FOOTNOTE...
I was a winner with this layout over at
"Words & Paintery"
 


I have used the following 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces..
Caught in the Act - title
Chain Lengths
Fencing Wire Panel
Giant Cogs & Gears



I painted the title part red & part black using acrylic paint & when
dry I added some Glossy Accents in a "hit & miss" fashion to the red.
Gee I haven't used this stuff in ages !! It just worked for this.


For all the other chipboard I just colored them black using an ink pad & then
wiped on a little copper "Viva Inka Paste". It gives a real metal finish.


Lots of background mixed media, some stamping & some licorice coloured 
micro beads, all of which adds to the texture. I have also layered some scraps
of denim & hessian in between the papers & chipboard.


Well thats all from me today. Hope you liked it.
See you back here again soon.
Until then


11 comments:

  1. Denim & hessian, eh? Fab idea - which I might have to nick at some stage;).... LOOOVE the red on the title.... You do boy grunge to perfection. Fab LO:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this you Di? Are you sure ? :)I dont see many not bright layouts from you . I had to come over and tell you how I love this layout . Well , I love every layout you make . Because there is never a misser , it is always top . So much to do with designfeeling , but I think a lot with effort too. Not just throwing something on the paper, but every detail is on its place. Chapeau !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you did here! It's so grungy and full of texture and so different from you usual work, I love it! Thank you for joining Words&Paintery this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout Di, just love the colors and love the denim too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty page and design, Di. I love your layering and elements used around that very adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a page full of details that I like! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic boyish layout Di! I love Your background and all the details!
    Thank You for joining our challenge at Words & Paintery! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this Di....you surely are a Master at this craft...you can do it all!
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Di you absolutely rocked this boy page! What an adorable photo and the grungy background is super cool, GREAT take on this challenge!!! Thanks for playing with us at Words & Painterly, hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous boy page!! The background is gorgeous .. love the big paint splats. Love the denim, the hessian, the micro beads .. and all of it placed in exactly the right spot!! Brilliant design and simply stunning page!! xx

    ReplyDelete