Friday, July 15, 2016

My July DT Reveal for 2Crafty Chipboard
Part One
"This Face Makes My Heart Smile"


Hi there friends, thanks for calling by.
Today I have part one of my July DT reveal for
 2Crafty Chipboard to share with you.

 I have based this layout on the current sketch challenge over at
 13arts.
To see a full 13arts product list used-scroll to bottom of post.


2Crafty Chipboard used...
11" Tahnya's Border
Element Set #1
This Heart - title
Tiny ATC Hearts & Stars

 
  I have kept this layout very monochromatic with just a little silver for contrast.
 

My first step was to coat all the chippies with a coat of gesso.
I have used the 2Crafty  11" Tahnya's Border vertically.

I have then painted it with some 13arts Ayeeda paint in Old Silver & while it was
wet, I sprinkled on some lovely fine glitter. Looks really sparkly in real life.


For my "title" & also the little "ATC Hearts" after a coat of gesso I then
 simply painted them with some Ayeeda's silver acrylic paint mixed with some of their navy blue
mist mixed in, to get the colour I was after. I then followed that up with a brush
over with some water to wash it out slightly & make it a little uneven.


I have done a mixed media background using various 13arts products, 
as well as spraying my flowers to get just the right colour.

Lastly I have treated a piece of the "Elements Set #1" the same as the
 Tahnya's Border. I cut it in half so that I could run it down the side of my page.
 
13 ARTS PRODUCTS USED
13arts Texture Paste
13art Mist - Pastel Blue
13arts Mist  Pearl Navy Blue
13arts Mist Pearl Graphite
Ayeeda's Paint Matt Blue
Ayeeda's Paint Old Silver
 
Well thats all from me today. Until next time.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a stunning page Di, and that blue just looks so striking!! Just love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is simply amazing!! A fabulous take on the sketch and your background is absolutely stunning .. love the different shades of blue and the textures are awesome!! Definitely my new fave of yours Di .. pure magic!!! xx

    ReplyDelete