Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Color Room Pallette #91 "Di.......A Self Portrait"

 Hi everyone. I hope you have all had a great Christmas & a well deserved break. I know I have, but alas, back to work today. It just goes too quickly. Anyway today I would like to show you a page I did last night for the current challenge #91 over at The Color Room. This weeks colours are red, yellow, orange & blue. Not a colour pallette I would normally do, but I do soooo love how this site just pushes you way out of your comfort zone sometimes, I guess that is what it is all about. I have chosen to add black to my layout to create some contrast, instead of the normal white we all seem to use these days, I just felt it added a bit more impact. I have also done a "Self Portrait" which is something I never do. These pics were taken  about 3 years ago. There not that good but hey, they match the colour pallette!! I look a bit ridiculous with the flower in my hair but we were going to a pool party.
I have used loads of Gesso, Misting & I have totally scrunched my background, just for a change. I have also distressed, sewn, stamped & painted. I hope you like it. Until next time. Happy New Year.
Cheers Di  xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! Love the background!!! The flower looks lovely (in your hair!) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Di this is spectacular .. you have nailed the palette, absolutely love this ... beautiful pics of you too woohoo !!!!! .. not my sort of color combo and I am too busy helping Baden .. he is struggling ... will be over soon .. 2 weeks to go and he can roll over ... 6 weeks on his back is very tiring .... will be worth it ... big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di!! this looks fabulous and very tropical!! the photos are great!! you look wonderful!! a great take on the color combo!! i love the chipboard too!! i love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that black is very striking on this beautiful layout Di!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly Di you look beautiful in those photos, and 2ndly love the page you have created so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo and LO Di. Love the colourful flowers.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning layout Di. The photos of you are gorgeous too. I love your style...beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete