Saturday, July 7, 2012

Woo Hoo I'm a "Special Investigator"
at CSI for July
"Enjoy the Moment"


Hello bloggers. I am sooo excited to share some news with you all. I was invited to be a
 Guest Designer over at CSI for the month of July. We are called "Special Investigator". Oh I am so thrilled & flattered to be invited. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity Debbie.

This is Case File #27 & here  is the criteria. Such a lovely colour palette & a great set of "clues" to go with it. In my layout I have used a rare photo of myself, even though it is not a perfect photo as there is some shadow on my face, it fitted the criteria well. What a shame we can't go back in time & re take such pics.


As you can see I have used lots of "mediums" on my background & about four or five different mists to achieve some nice textures & a blend of colours. I was rather happy with the outcome of my background. I have also used a 2 Crafty chipboard word which I cut up!! I often do this, I just trim them to say what I want & then save the bits I cut off to use on another layout! This actually said 
"Enjoy this Moment This Moment is Your Life". I have also used one of their beautiful Flourish Borders called   Hariet's Border. 


For my "Evidence" I have used  four  pieces to solve my case. I have used flowers, leaves, sparkles in the shimmer of my background & a rainbow effect of sorts. I have created a sort of rainbow effect in my background with the use of mists, "definite artistic interpretation" me thinks !!!!! Of course all my beautiful flowers & leaves are Green Tara of course.


Now for my "Testimony" I have used two things. Firstly I have journalled about the outdoors & secondly I have started my journalling with "a taste of something wonderful" which is taken from the testimony list. This photo was taken on the deck of a Cruise ship whilst sipping a cocktail & embarking on a wonderful holiday so this is what my journalling is about.


Well thanks for stopping by & I hope if you have time you might join in the fun over at CSI.
Until next time.
Cheers Di  xi

13 comments:

  1. Oh Di.. this is amazing.. the colors are stunning and I love the design and the chippies are fabulous.. your creations are always so beautiful.. my new fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this Di .. it is so striking and I adore that pic of you .. loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Di, I love the textured background so fab, so is the picture of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is me Adriana, as I said though in my post, not a very good pic because of the shadows on my face but it is all I have. Di

      Delete
  4. Congrats on being a "Special Investigator", Di!!!
    I really love your layout...the colours are gorgeous & your cluster & textured background are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Di this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! The layers and mix is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exquisite page, Di, and a gorgeous photo. So thrilled to have you as our Special Investigator! You rocked the Case File for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout Di, nice to see a page about you. Congratulations on the GDT spot.
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Di...wonderful news. I love this page - love your background and you look so relaxed in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Di!!! How exciting! This is a stunning layout! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Di!!! And this layout is absolutely stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Di!!!!
    the page is wonderful! I love how you used texture and paint!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huge congrats Di, I don't know why you don't like the photo of yourself because I think its beautiful!!! The colours you have used on the layout really make the photo pop!! Stunning page....love it xx

    ReplyDelete