Thursday, August 16, 2012

CSI #32 Memories


Woooo Hoooo. I made it on the "Watch List" over at CSI.
Thanks to Debbie & her amazing team.


I haven't done any challenges for over a month, just DT work  & I'm definitely  having withdrawals, so when I saw the current challenge #32 over at CSI  I just had to join in. Loved these colours &
 I had the perfect photo.

 
 I live on the sunny Central Coast of NSW here in Australia & I am surrounded by  several beaches. There is nothing as relaxing as spending some time relaxing by the ocean, I only wish I wasn't so time poor so I could do it more often.


For my "Testimony" I have journalled on this little Kraft tag about how time at the beach transforms & calms you. I have tucked this tag in on the right side of my layout.


For my "Evidence" I have used four things....
1. Used wet mediums ie Gesso, texture paste & mists.
2. Textured Paper. I have created lots of textures with mediums on my white cardstock.
3. Soften Edges. I have distressed all of my edges to soften them.
4. I have used both burlap & gauze.


I have tied  my bow with a great little mesh ribbon from Green Tara, as well  I have used one of their White Flower Sprays which I have twisted & curled.


I have also used some real shells.
Thanks for calling by. Until next time.



13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful LO ! :)
    I feel that I walk on the beach :)
    Sooo gorgeous :) I love all your fantastic and great details !
    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Di, this is stunning.. love all of it.. and I love the beach too.. all your embelies look wonderful and give a perfect beachy feel to this.. I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous, Di!
    I love the seashells you've added & those cute little chippie thongs are fantastic! You've really achieved a great beachy & natural feel to this layout...awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! I LOVE this DI!!! Could look at this for ages. All those little beach elements are so perfect. Especially love those thongs!!!! :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. those layers are just to die for Di ( LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a wonderful beachy feel to this one! You mastered the challenge well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely Di. Such a great pic and love that you have used the fence paper in the background. It is perfect with you combination of embellishments. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific layout Di..I love the colour palette and all the beach embellishments. Everything just blends together perfectly with your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one's a real stand-out Di! had to come over and check out the close-ups and boy am I glad that I did! just looove the chippie flipflops, so very cute! and all the distressed layers, heavenly details. You sure did crack this case file with honours! Gorgeous gorgeous work! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this Di and the texture is perfect .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just had to pop over and tell you how much I love this LO! This goes into my personal folder of faves on my mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. really love this page Di-so Summery

    ReplyDelete