Thursday, June 12, 2014

CSI Case File #126
"Retirement & Fun"

 
 
YAY!!!! I am so happy, just found out that my layout
made it on to the "Most Wanted List"  over at CSI.
Thank you so much to Debbi & all her team.
 
 
Hi friends, thanks for calling by.
Today I have my layout for the current challenge  #126
for over at CSI (Color Stories Inspiration blog).
I have been so time poor these past few weeks, but
when I saw this case file I knew I just had to make time.
So I stayed up until 2am to get it finished & here it is.
 
So here are the case file  details. I just love these colours.
Now I have just retired a month ago & I my layout is a tribute to 
"My Retirement".
Based on the fact that I should now have so much more free time when
 things settle down & I get organised after the sale of my business.
I live in a beach side suburb so I am looking forward to having LOTS
of wonderful lazy days on our local  beach & lots of well deserved holidays too.
Because I was self employed, I haven't had a holiday in eight years!!!
Can you believe it.
 

For my "Testimony" I have written a little story documenting
my retirement & I have tucked it in here behind the pics.
It says.....
On the 2nd May 2014 I finally retired.
I sold my scrapbook shop at
The Entrance & I can now
finally, after working most of my
adult life, enjoy some well
deserved, quality
"Me Time"
doing whatever I want.
I say, bring it on!!!
I am now ready for the next
chapter of my life & in
the words of the famous Tim Holtz,
"Enjoy the Journey" 
& that is what I plan to do.


 For my Evidence I have used four things...
1.  polka dots
2.  flowers & leaves
3.  ampersand
4.  scallops (on the top of my tags)


 I have used lots of gorgeous 2Crafty chipboard here
including this fab little beach umberella, deck chair
& sunglasses to help me set the scene for my layout
 because the beach is where I plan on spending a
lot more time.

 
Thanks for taking the time to call by & read my little story.
Until next time.
 
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. this looks realllllll good , what a great layout
    greetings Marijkje
    www.marijkes-layouts.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy retirement, you have captured this moment so perfectly, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhhh, the beach bliss :) Love your colors, just can't help but smile :D

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful Di, and i hope you get lots of hours lazing on those chairs.. hehe.. love the colors and the corrugated back ground..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous Di! Congrats on the retirement - hoping mine will be coming soon although I just work two (long 12-15 hour)days a week. Beach is my favorite place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always adore your use of colour and amazing creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adoooooore all the textures, colours, a stunning work !!, hugs from Paris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My I love this Di! Case beautifully solved and every single bit of it amazing and inspiring! Thanks for sharing your talent xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this page!!! Gorgeous take on the Case File, and I love your subject!! Bet you're wondering how you ever had the time to go to work!! Beautifully done!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing page, Di! Love the happy summery vibrancy, and way to go on your retirement!

    ReplyDelete