Thursday, May 12, 2016

My Maja Design May DT Reveal
"Sweet Girl"



Hello there paper friends  & welcome to the blog.
Today I am up on the Maja Design blog with this layout I did
 featuring my little grandaughter Mia & I have done it a little different
 to how I normally scrap!!! I have actually fussy cut the photo out and made it
 a little 3D against the background. I have used some papers from the
 Maja Design "Vintage Summer Basics" collection.

I must say I do love this photo, just look at that animated look on her face!!!!


Naturally I have gone with lots of beautiful flowers & I have painted all the 
2Crafty chipboard in black to create a good contrast to this fabulous paper.
I have also done some mixed media around the photo cluster & added lots of 
stamping, micro beads & added a little watercolour as well.


Here is a close up of the photo fussy cut out. It is a great idea if there are things you don't 
want to see in the background of the photo, although not all photos are suitable for 
doing this & I would never cut up an original
.

For my background I have used the "1891" paper & I have torn a strip to place along 
both the top & bottom edges using the "1905" paper. Both these papers are from the
 "Vintage Summer Basics" collection.

Maja Design Papers Used

Well thats all for today.
 If you liked my layout, I would love you to leave me a comment or two.
 See you back here soon.
Until then.


9 comments:

  1. I love this! I need to try the fussy cut puc :) I've seen so many do this I've got to give it a go. Truly stunning Di

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Di this looks amazing, just love the way you have made the photo pop of the page. Gorgeous flower cluster too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so gorgeous! just love this photo! and all the flowers.. love this..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fussy cut photo works a treat! And I love how even though the bg pp is so busy, that your photo doesn't get lost. Totally fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Di! Every inch is beautiful as is your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project, sweet granddaughter:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. magnifique et la photo trop belle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Di....love Mia's expression and what she is wearing...and as always your attention to detail in magnificent. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete