Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Color Room Challenge #106
"Beauty"

Hello fellow bloggers, I hope you are all having a great day. I  just wanted to show you my layout  I have just finished  for challenge #106 over at The Color room. This weeks colour pallette was lovely soft pastels that really appealed to me & so I thought I would join in. I have also "loosely" followed the sketch, but without the circles.
Now I have had a real lot of fun with my background paper, which started its life as yellow & white stripes!!! I have used Gesso, stencilling, misting, more Gesso, more mist & finally finished off doing this lovely shade of yellow paint around the edges.
Now I can't take the all the credit for this background as I have just signed up at  "Miss Arts Papercrafting" school as I want to learn the techniques that the lovely Solange Marques  uses & she is teaching a class their at the moment. I haven't actually had time to sit down & do the class but I have watched a few bits of it here & there  & I have incorporated how she uses paint on some of her backgrounds. I am really pleased with this yellow paint, applying it the way she advocates. I hope I got it right Solange!!! I will actually sit down on the weekend & do the actual class instead of just skipping through it because I haven't had any spare time....
On my background,  as well as all of the above, I have also distressed the edges, sewn, used rub ons & stamped. I have used a mixture of flowers,  although most are Green Tara as is the nice little pink trim I have used also. Lastly I have finished off with this sweet little chipboard word from 2 Crafty.
Thanks for stoppin by. Until next time.
Cheers Di  xoxo

9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Your misting is divine and the details like the piece of lace are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful Di.. I love the placement of the photos and I love all the flowers, your background looks amazing and I bet it is even better in real life! and well done on being featured in CSI, I love that layout you did for it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textures in the background, cute photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Di as always, Oh and the class sounds like fun time always plays such a factor in the things we do. Well glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love what you've done with those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just stunning Di, that texture is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was awsome!! Love your blog. I found it through CSI and added myself as a follower. Have a nice weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh Di, this is absolutely gorgeous! seems you picked up a few tips from the class, the background looks smashing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete