Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Color Room Challenge #107
"Simply Because You Are My Son"

 Hi everyone. I have just finished my layout for challenge #107 over at The Color Room. I only saw the colour palette on Tuesday night & I just knew I had to join in. I had these photos of my youngest son that I hadn't scrapped yet & I thought these colours were just perfect.
Now I have also used the sketch quite "loosely", but hey, thats OK too. I have to say, I don't think this is my best work, but time was not on my side & I just had to get it done!!!
I have used all sorts of bits & pieces including corrugated card, hessian, clocks, envelopes, one of the NEW Dusty Attic chipboard compasses, string , chipboard chicken wire & a Tim Holtz Film Strip.
I have distressed all of my edges (I can't seem to do a page lately without distressing, I do love distressing), sewn around the red background, stamped & thrown some paint around. I actually had to come to work early this morning to get it finished & photographed before I started work. Phew!!! Glad thats done. Thanks so much for stoppin by. Until next time.
Cheers Di  xo


12 comments:

  1. Awesome page Di!!! love the distressing and great pics of DS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous boy page Di , love the colour combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Di I think this looks amazing.. I love all the embellies you have put on there.. such textures and adds interest!! great take on the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the red and white combo with the hessian looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This palette is perfect for these photos! Brilliant masculine layout... WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love this. Your elements and layering is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fantastic grungy boy page and those photos are just perfect for the palette!! Love this Di. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome boys page Di, love the colour use and the elements. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soupah doupah boy page Di! the photos really are perfect for the palette. Love all the bits and bobs and your fab layering! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a fantastic layout Di, love the 3 photos like that, love that colour scheme and all your layering looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love all the texture in this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh this is gorgeous Di, love that colour palette and your layout is a perfect match to the colours, gorgeous stuff xx

    ReplyDelete