Friday, May 11, 2012

CSI #18
Bloom & Grow


Hi everyone, I have just finished my layout for #18 over at CSI.
Now from the "Evidence" criteria I have used four things. Flowers plus a  large oversized flower, leaves, for something "twisted" I have twisted some of the vines. For the "Testimony" part of the criteria I used two of the inspiration words, ie Growth & Bloom as well as I added a  flower to my little journalling tag.

For my background, which took about four  hours to do,  & the photos absolutely do NOT do it any justice, it is all gold & shimmery, but unfortunately that doesn't show up, I have gone crazy & used loads of gesso, impasto medium, several different coloured mists, paint, inks & stamping. I do so love these techniques for the background which I learnt in some online classes taught by the super talented Solange Marques. If you look close at the background you will see the detail I'm talking about.

I finished the background off with a gorgeous "Irredescent Gold" Glimmermist. I love the way it gives the entire background a lovely gold shimmer.

I have also used one of the NEW Dusty Attic chippie doors which I have given a Faux woodgrain look too. With the door & the flowers I was trying to create a whole garden look!!
Thanks for stoppin by.  Until next time.
Cheers Di  xo

11 comments:

  1. Hi Di! this looks amazing, the door looks fabulous and the background, well I can only imagine how great it looks in real life, I am sure the photo doesn't show it for how beautiful it really is.. always love what you create!! I hope it is a nice day down there for you!! sunny up here for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning Di!!! i do love the texture of your pages
    and Solange's techniques

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning page Di, love the textured background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Di you just get better and better ... a stunner .. and what a beautiful pic .... a little darling xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty prety pretty those layers look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right Di about the photos not doing your page justice...after seeing it for myself on Thursday...it is absolutely stunning. Good Luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Di. I love the way you have used the door. It looks fabulous with the florals and the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeous, just gorgeous! Love what you've done with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love that door. You have done such a good job with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning Di - you have put in so much work and I especially love that door

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Di, just love that door and your layers are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete