Monday, May 7, 2012

TCR #109 "Simply You"

Hello bloggers, I hope you all had a great weekend . Today I have a page that I had scrapped a few months ago, some of you may remember seeing it before. I have never been totally happy with it, you know how it is!!! I think we all feel like this from time to time. When I saw the current colour pallette over at The Color Room I thought of this layout, so I took it out, pulled a few things apart, added a few things, changed a few things &  I think I am finally happy with it!!!  
I have to say I do love these colours together, very rich & strong.
The lady in my layout is my Grandmother & this photo was taken circa 1920. Don't you just love the hairstyle, NOT!!!! I suppose she would have been quite the fashionista in her day. These photos were actually a photo strip taken in a photo booth. I didn't know they had photo booths back in 1920!!!
I have done lots of fussy cutting here on this fabulous Graphic 45 paper, it was just the perfect paper range to go with these pics. I have used a 2 Crafty chipboard Circle Flourish to place my title on.
All my little flowers are from Green Tara of course. The blue roses were cream & I simply misted them to get the right shade of blue that I needed.
I have journalled on a little tag that I have tied with some netting & tucked in in behind the main photo. Thanks so much for stoppin by. Until next time.
Cheers Di  xo

8 comments:

  1. Great photos DI great take on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are clever going back and redoing a layout!! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee I do that too, dismantle a page and then put it together with other stuff that make me happier! Aren't those photos just so fabulous! didn't know either that they had photo booths back then. Love the look of your page, G45 is a splendid choice to get that perfect feel! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Di. This is a page that I can see my mum creating. She has very similar style to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout. Love the old pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! This is so cool! Love the old fashion mix along with those pics...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a vibrant and stunning vintage layout!!! Love this, Di!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Graphic 45 paper and adore this layout too...beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete