Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Color Room Challenge #129
My Sister My Friend


Hello everyone, thanks for calling by. 
Well I have been having "withdrawals"
  I just haven't had time to do any challenges for nearly two months!!!
Too much else going on plus a lot of DT work etc 
but I have finally caught up.
I saw the current challenge over at The Color Room 
& I just had to join in as green is my favourite colour.


I took inspiration for this layout from my good friend Heather Jacob.
Heather did a layout recently where she used all
white on white flowers & it looked amazing.
Thanks for the inspiration of all white Heather.


I did some lovely texture work on my background & 
then proceeded to just about completely cover it up!!!
That was smart, NOT. Should have planned it better.
You can see some of it here peeking out underneath my photo.


I have used a sweet little 2 Crafty Chipboard Sentiment,
"My Sister My Friend".
The little mini Filmstrips at the side of my cluster are also from
2 Crafty chipboard.

A friend of mines two little girls were the Flower Girls at a Wedding 
recently & she gave me these gorgeous photos.
Such beautiful little girls, Hannah & Maddie.


Next up I have used loads of my favourite Green Tara Flowers.
The large ones with the pearl centers are called "Sakura" 
& are part of their newer fabric flower ranges.
  I have also used some of their wired Velvet Leaves too.
The ribbon I have used for my bow is also from Green Tara too.


Well thats about all for today. Thanks so much for calling by.
Until next time.


9 comments:

  1. OMG Di this is stunning ... you are spot on with the colors, so fabulous, absolutely fabulous ...love the pic xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. back again, thanks for the mention DI .... so pleased I inspired you, I really do adore white on white with a kiss of color x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found time again and this is so beautiful. I actually think of you and Green. Maybe it was a past page you have done. Gorgeous work and just love the design and details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Di... really really really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Di this is just absolutely gorgeous! Love the beautiful layers and the torn edges! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous :) I love it !
    The layering, the mist, the details, colors...everything.
    Thanks for the inspiration ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour palette...it is so you. Really love that 2 Crafty chipboard filmstrip...I am really going to have to get some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Di - love your choice of colours

    ReplyDelete