Friday, November 25, 2011

Kraft It Up November Challenge "Dreams"

Hi again everyone. I am really on a roll at the moment. I seem to be scrapping up a storm. This is my layout I did for this months Kraft It Up challenge. This months criteria was journaling in various ways. On my layout I have chosen to create several tags in different shapes & sizes for my journaling & to group them together in a cluster as an embellishment. I absolutely adore these photos of my Godaughter when she was pregnant & thought they would be perfect for my layout, I have been wanting to scrap these for ages & just hadn't got around to it. I was very inspired to do a layout in yellows by Belinda Spencer. She has done a couple lately & they looked so beautiful & I have to say that  it is a colour that I don't normally use. So thanks for the inspiration Belinda.
I have done lots of layering, I so love to scrap with several layers, I suppose this is just part of my style. I have also done lots of edge distressing, sewing, stamping  & Glimmermisting .
I have used lots of yummy raw chippies including the Chicken Wire & a Viney Flourish both of which I have cut up. I have also included lots of little bits of  "natural" types of things from hessian to doileys & lace (both of which I misted to get the correct colour) etc etc. I am really happy with this page as it really meant a lot to me as she is a very special girl to us & I so wanted to do her justice with this layout with these very special photos. I hope you like it too. Until next time.   Cheers Di  xx

12 comments:

  1. W W WOWZERS!!
    This is Stunning Di......
    Absolutely S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!!!
    I really love everything about this.....
    YES!I totally Agree!!!
    Belinda is Ozzzzzing with Inspiration all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow you have been busy.......,amazing layout , love all the elements, truly wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. you certainly have done these gorgeous photos justice.. and more.. this is stunning.. all the layers and embellishments.. the chippies.. i love this one.. and i am sure your GD will too.. the yellow is so soft and pretty...looks wonderful on kraft..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page Di, love all the dusty attic products and the overall distressed appeal to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Di your layout is absolutely stunning.....just breathtaking. I thought it looked a bit Belinda Spencerish LOL!!! You have totally done the photos justice with your layout.......you should be very proud of your layout. AMAZING work xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is breathtaking Di .... super duper awesome .. fabulous !!!! hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Di such a stunning page.. love all your gorgeous layering and texture!! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at KIU :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is probably the best thing you've ever done Di. Absolutely stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this page is absolutely gorgeous!! I really love that chicken wire chippie!!! The colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooohh!! Di this is simply stunning. Absolutely love the yellow on kraft and the chicken wire which is my favourite ever Dusty Attic chippie. You have definately mastered the yellow!! I have definately been inspired by Kim Jeffress in the use of the yellow! I'm just passing it on!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work. I know I'm a bit late on this post but spotted your layout through a google search. Love it!

    ReplyDelete