Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My "Kraft It Up" D.T. Reveal
"Sweet Sister"


Hi everyone, thanks for stoppin by.
Today I thought I would share my DT layout for this months
challenge over at "Kraft It Up".
This months challenge is,
 Kraft background + Misting.
I must say I am rather happy with how my background turned out. 
I used three different colours. I wanted it to be really strong &
bold to contrast with all the black & the photo.


I have "fussy cut"  my photo out which is something I don't
 normally do!!! I wanted this page to have a real "Modern" twist, 
unlike the shabby chic that I normally do. 
It is good to step out of ones comfort zone occasionally.
I think by doing these strong colours on the background & 
cutting the photo out, 
I have achieved the modern look I was after.


I have used this great little chippie window & words from 2 Crafty Chipboard.
The flourish is actually a felt stick on one I found in my stash.


I have used lots of yummy Green Tara  products on this page.
Firstly around the edge of my coloured background I have 
used some of their "Cobweb Mesh"
 I have simply popped it in between the two layers to
create some nice texture.
Next up I have used one of their NEW "Heirloom" 
Red fabric flowers. They have got lots of new colours in these 
& they now have them in two sizes as well.
The little Roses & the Skeleton Leaves are also
from Green Tara.
Lastly to create my circle around the photo I have used
my favourite product.....yes you guessed it,
their  NEW Wired Cord.
This product is great & because it is soft it is soooo
easy to work with.
This is the same stuff I made the wreath out of in a 
layout last week. I also used it on a boy page 
I did at the same time. This product is just so versatile.


Well thats all for today, I hope you have some time this month
to perhaps join in the fun with this months challenge over at KIU.



11 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your background. Congratulations on the fussy cutting of your photo it looks really good. This is so different but I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Di...love the colours with the black & that cob web mesh looks fantastic - might need to get myself some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous Di.. wonderful back ground work for a stunning effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so neat looking! Love what you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous! Did you start on your background with cardstock or mist over patterned paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used three different colour mists over Kraft cardstock Debbie.

      Delete
  6. I see that out of the comfort zone is wonderful!!
    Its layout was fabulous colors that used the chippies in black highlighted all the other page elements.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vibrant colors!! Perfect misting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Di, the layout is awesome. Love the colours. You are such an amazing lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful colour! I'm such a big fan of colour as you probably already have guessed Di so this really does catch my eye. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete