Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Guest Designing for "Berry 71 Bleu"

 
Hi there friends.
Today I have a layout I have created  as "Guest Designer" over at
Berry71Bleu.
I have used this adorable pic of my new baby Grandaughter, Mia.
 
Their challenge this month is to include some handmade flowers.
 
 
I have made five different flowers on my layout & I have also
included a couple of pre made ones as well.
 

In this pic you can see this orange one (on the right) I made using cardstock, a Spellbinder die
& some stamens for the middle. I think the secret to making it look like a purchased one, was
to use lots of layers, curling the edges & then the stamens add a touch of realism. 

 
In this cluster I have actually made three different flowers.

# 1...Firstly the orange one on the left, is again another Spellbinder die & again I curled
all the petals but on this one I added touches of glue to the stamens as well as the middle,
& then I sprinkled gold micro beads which naturally stuck to the glue. I was really 
happy how  this one turned out.

#2...The second flower I made in this cluster is the pink one which I made by cutting out
some petals in pink paper & some in pink netting. Next I alternated paper, then netting,
then paper & so forth. I thought the netting just added a little something extra.
Again I finished off with a few stamens in the middle.

 
#3...The third flower in this cluster (bottom pink one) was simply made from 
a length of pink netting twisted, & simply stuck down in a circular fashion,
 on to a circle or cardstock.
 Just make sure that the card is not visible. Too easy.
 
 
The last handmade flower on my layout is this  Rose in the bottom corner.
Again I used a Spellbinder die, cut it out of some orange cardstock, inked the edges
in a different shade of orange, glued it together & then rolled all the edges to make
it look like a real rose. To finish it off, I wiped a little bit of Stickles randomly over
the edges lightly for a bit of added sparkle. All finished.

All of the chipboard on my layout, including this custom made name,

I would like to thank 
for inviting me to be their guest & I hope you have enjoyed
my layout too. Thanks again.

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. My gosh Di, just lovely! What bright happy colors, adore this gorgeous layout. Your granddaughter is just adorable :)

    Paula <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Di. Mia is just so adorable. Love your flowers & bright colours as well as all the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo beautiful Di! I love the colours, the background & all your details...it's always a joy to see your latest creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your layout is stunning, love these colors together and your home made flowers are on par with any bought ones.. adorable photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What joy you are creating for Mia, as you scrap her life Di.! Love your bright happy colours, textures ... and the flowers are perfect. (Out comes my netting to experiment with...thank-you).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Di, this is very beautiful. I love this colours and the flowers. Mia's lucky to have a gorgeous creative grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Gorgeous Di....fabulous background texture, colours and the flowers are beautiful...sweet pic of baby Mia. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning stunning and more stunning. I love the colours in this page. Your talent is evident in the L/O, love it Di xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, your granddaughter is so adorable and looks so sweet nestled in amongst the gorgeous flower clusters. Simply stunning page Di!! Your handmade flowers are awesome and I looooveeee the colours!!! Beautiful!! ox

    ReplyDelete