Monday, February 13, 2012

CSI Challenge #5 "Simply You"

Hi everyone. I have just finished my layout for challenge #5 over at CSI. I didn't think I was going to make this deadline. I stayed up until after midnight last night to get it finished & I had to photograph it & post it this morning at work. Talk about cutting it fine.  Now I know the quality of my photos  is not great, but these photos were actually taken in a photo booth back in the 1920's, so all things considered, I suppose we all have to forgive the poor quality!!! How lucky am I to have  photo booth photos that are this old?
 This young "Fashionista" is my own Grandmother, Malvina Emily, when she was just a girl, & this photo was taken in about 1924. Don't you just love the 20's hairstyle, NOT!!! All jokes aside I am very lucky to have this & many other really old family photos that I am endeavouring to scrap.
I have done a lot of  "fussy cutting".  with an old paper I had,  I thought it went perfectly to create this whole theme. I have also used this 20's inspired chipboard piece from 2 Crafty.
 I know I haven't left much negative space but sometimes rules just have to be broken!!! For the "Evidence" part of this challenge I have used a frame, a corner & leaves & for the "testimony" part I have  used an advertisement & showcased a "slice of my Grandmothers life". I have done rather a lot of journalling on the back of the layout, I didn't want to clutter the layout up anymore. I just ran out of room!!!
 Thanks for stopping by. Until next time.      Cheers Di  xoxo

7 comments:

  1. so ingenious and brilliant Di ... wow you are keen but sometimes that is what we have to do .. so glad you made it ...it was worth it, fabulous art .. big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are very lucky to have these photos! These look amazing and you've scrapped them sooo well! Perfect!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow DI Stunning layout love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Di, the photos are priceless! the look of them just adds to the charm of them too.. marvellous layout, love all the details you have put on here.. really fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di, your layout is so ooh la la and elegant and very fashionable. Love all the cutting out and the gorgeous vintage feel is perfect for such amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally love your fussy cutting Di!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the vintageness to this one, I fond it hard to do layouts like this one, but you have done a beautiful job, just adore the red.....beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete