Thursday, February 21, 2013

So Happy To Be "Featured" At
Once Upon a Sketch February Challenge
"Somewhere Over The Rainbow"
R.I.P.
My Beautiful Poppy Girl

  I just found out that my layout with my
beautiful Poppy girl was "Featured" over at
Once Upon A Sketch.
Thank you so much to Nadia & all her team.
I think I will certainly find some time to
join in again next month.
This truly warms my heart as this layout
really means a lot to me.
Thank you OUAS.
 

Hello everyone. Thanks so much for calling by.
Today I have my layout for the February
Once Upon a Sketch challenge to share.

This layout is very very SPECIAL to me.
This is my little dog "Poppy" who died just before Christmas.
This is the first layout I have done of her since she passed away.
It has just been too painful.
She was my baby girl. My sons are all grown up & my hubby
 & I are now empty nesters. So Poppy was the light of our lives.
We used to say she was the daughter we never had.
We only have sons you see.
I'm sure people thought we were positively mad,
but we truly LOVED her. She was a really 
big part of our lives.
So, it only seemed fitting that I do this layout,
about my love for my beautiful little girl, "Poppy".



I have journalled on a little tag which I have slid in behind
the photo.

My good friend Vanessa over at 2 Crafty Chipboard made me up 
this beautiful title, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".
Thanks so much Vanessa, this was just what I wanted.
I love that they do custom made.
The flourish on the left is also from 2 Crafty chipboard too.

Obviously I have used lots of pretty flowers & leaves,
because I so wanted it to be girly & feminine.
Most of the flowers, leaves, Jute ribbon & lace are
from Green Tara.

Thanks so much for calling by & taking time
to read my little story about my beautiful "Poppy Girl".
Until next time.

post signature

28 comments:

  1. Oh Di, I have lost some wonderful pets too and a part of your heart goes with them.. this layout is beautiful in every way... so special!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Di, perfectly scrapped for your beautiful Poppy.
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a lovely tribute to your baby girl Di. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Di, this is a beautiful tribute to her. So beautiful and your details are perfect. Hope you feel better with time, although you will never forget her, each day might just get that bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is with you Di. This is a beautiful tribute to your precious Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...soooo,soooo beautiful:) This page just wants me want to reach in and hug your beautiful Poppy. I always get such a lump in my throat when I see this type of tribute to a dear lost friend. What's not to love about our furrbabies??? Absolutely love, love this gorgeous, amazingly beautiful page :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful tribute LO to your dear friend Di...Love the colours and your beautiful clusters...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful and heart felt layout Di. So happy you were able to join in with the challenge this month at OUAS with such a touching subject.

    Just love how creative you have been with your ribbons - they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are a lot of people out here who knows exactly what you mean and there are those who don’t understand. I’m one of those who know. I lost my cat more than a year ago and I’m still missing her just as much. She was my best friend for 17 years.

    Maybe it will cheer you up just a little bit to have a look over here: http://helenesscrapsida.blogspot.se/2013/01/im-punky-rebel-and-you-might-be-winner.html

    Hugs, Helene

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss, your Poppy was a beautiful dog. I understand totally, we lost our sweet and precious baby girl Speckles in December 2010, we have 3 grown children, but she was our baby girl, she slept with us. In time the pain will be replaced with the happy memories of her. Now.....your page is just beautiful, what a gorgeous tribute to a gorgeous friend! I love the color, purple is my favorite. Thank you so much for taking the time to enter our challenge at OUAS. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Di this is so heartfelt and oozing with love and warmth .... loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it to bits and so does poppy xoxoox

    ReplyDelete

  12. This is so gorgeous! LOVE the twigs, that little frame, the colours, the corrugated card, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! So many details. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so meaningful and so stunning!! love this LO Di!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. just getting caught up on your blog... gorgeous projects (love this post in particular!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous page Di, and beautiful poppy, sure she would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely heartfelt tribute to Poppy. I don't think it's far fetched at all that you saw Poppy as your little girl & loved her as being part of the family. Being a dog owner myself I understand completely. I've called toby my furry son since he was a puppy. With the birth of my first son...I now call Toby my eldest furry son. To me, he's simply a little boy trapped in a furry body.

    Thank you for sharing your talent & story with us at OUAS...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Di... this is a beautiful beautiful tribute to a much loved pet. I lost my cat just before Christmas two years ago and I was devastated as we are also empty nesters with 4 yorkies who are my life, love and pride and joy... it was over a year before I could get another cat and I still need to scrap a page for Smack but it is very painful. Your layouts are just so inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh this is so beautiful, Di...such a gorgeous & special tribute to your poppy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know how Poppy was not only a pet, I know exactly what you're trying to say but that only you can feel. Believe me, Poppy's love for you went beyond that of human and pet, it was love in its purest form and she knew her place in your hearts. Your page is such a wonderful way of trying to capture all of this, I adore the custom made title and all the love you have poured into your layout. It is beuatiful beyond words Di! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful way to remember a loving pet. This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Di Oh dear, I understand how you feel and tell you the good memories are forever.
    I lost 3 girls last year and it was very painful!
    I have two boys who are very old and I see that I will get through this soon.
    Today we have two puppies that fill our days with joy!
    But as all children are the same and nobody replaces anybody.
    His girl was big and beautiful!!
    Beautiful tribute that made her.
    Beautiful layout dear, hugs and love to you

    ReplyDelete
  24. CONGRATULATIONS Di!!!! I am so happy that this layout of yours is so beautifully featured!! It really is my absolute favorite!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Di this is just gorgeous from the picture to those soft tones of lavender and love the chippy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, wow, another stunning layout. your style is wonderful Di...

    ReplyDelete